One of the most popular gamemodes on PBFortress, Jailbreak is a mode where BLU team are the jail guards and RED team are the prisoners. Jailbreak is a game of cooperation (teamwork) and strategy. One member of the BLU team is given authority as the Warden, and executes orders to the RED team. If a member of the RED team does not follow the Warden''s orders correctly or in time, that player is subject to the jail guard's mercy. The warde and the guards work closely together to make sure all prisoners remain in justified order.
If any member of the BLU team turns their back however, this is where the prisoners shine. Lower your guard and you may be subject to the mercy of a rebeller or two instead, or you may lose track of a prisoner, or more. Prisoners become rebellers and will attempt to thwart the agendas of the wardens and will eventually conquer the jail if they remain vigilant.
When the round boils down to its last legs, one lucky prisoner may stand out and be given a Last Request from the Wardens, and will receive honorary treatment in the form of the Warden's mercy. If however, one guard remains in the jail without his Warden, that guard will show no mercy to anything that moves.
Useful Jailbreak Terms:
AFK - Away from keyboard and the mouse
LR - Last request
FF - Friendly fire
CC - Collisions
KOS - Kill on sight
Bomb rush - Travelling without detours and delays
Freekill - Killing a non-KOS RED without a good reason
Baiting - Member of the BLU team entering the melee range of a RED
- First day is ALWAYS FREEDAY!
- Do not spam, trade or play music over the microphone (no micspam).
- Do not use the following weapons/ items/ features; you will be slain or kicked for doing so:
Bonk! Atomic Punch as Scout
Cloak and/or Disguise as Spy.
Any Sticky Bomb launchers as Demoman (Sticky Jumper is okay).
- You may not use VIP commands to change gameplay during events / minigames. (This includes the use of resizing during a minigame or using commands to deny LR.)
- All players may respawn only ONCE per round.
- Cat Tower is out of bounds TO BOTH TEAMS.
- You may NOT impersonate / insult the Warden.
- You are not allowed to respawn on Hide and Seek on either team.
- No Ghosting. Ghosting is defined as giving any information about players who are alive (Class, health, location, etc etc), while dead or spectating.
- You cannot reset traps in deathrun.
- On the Jailfort map, you cannot camp in the cart racing area, nor use the bridge to block BLU's out during hide and seek. This area can be treated as armoury, unless the minigame is being played properly.
- On the Jailfort map, you cannot activate crits in arena, and shoot people who are outside of the arena pit with those crits.
- You are not allowed to purchase cloak with any race that has passive invisibility already.
- Under any circumstance, you can NOT bait with a war3 power that will do damage to RED's.
- Usage of lethal war3 is considered rebelling. Lethal war3 is defined as damaging another player(s) to reduce their health.
An example of a non-lethal war3 is Dragonborne bonk.
- If you have gotten respawned by bloodmage, it is considered a respawn. As a red, you must stay in your cell until given orders otherwise you'll be KOS. Bloodmage doesn't count as the only respawn you are allowed to have.
RED / REBELS
- Firing a projectile at any point is considered rebelling
- The command "AFK Freeze" means do not touch your keyboard or mouse (you can use chat, mic and voice commands). If someone is pushing you and you try to move back to your previous position, that is considered touching your keyboard and you will die. If a play ir is holding a high 5 taunt, it counts as AFK frozen. If you see them let go at any time when they should be AFK frozen, you have permission to kill them (if someone accepts any taunts, only kill the player who accepted it). AFK taunts are listed in the /taunts menu.
- If a RED comes up to a BLU and hits him, it is rebelling. If a RED attempts to hit a BLU, it is counts as rebelling, even if the RED didn't hit the BLU.
- Door glitching (keeping the armory door open for others) counts as rebelling. In addition, standing on, or under any door of any minigame is not considered 'inside' of the game and will count as delaying.
- The last non-rebelling, surviving RED gets a Last Request (LR) as soon as he finishes the warden's current orders. They can tell BLU's what to do as an LR. After the LR has been chosen or custom LR is complete, the RED must be killed by the BLU's. If the RED attacks a BLU without any reason, the BLU's may kill the read and the LR becomes void.
- Do not camp in the ARMORY or MEDIC. Camping is a slay-able offense (rebelling if in Armory).
- If a RED kills the Warden, that RED "CANNOT" be pardoned!
- When the Warden states to go somewhere, it means the map's positioned only (not any painted ones/ sprays)/
- You are not allowed to delay as last RED alive. After 30 seconds, you must be actively rebelling. You are punishable after the 30 seconds.
- You may not stop the non-rebelling RED's from obtaining LR by hiding, camping, running away (etc.), as that counts as rebelling.
- Any RED that respawns must stay in their cell until the Warden gives them orders (If the respawned RED leaves the cell before any order was given, it counts as rebelling!).
- You may not glitch LR in any way.
- Lethal taunts are not considered auto-rebelling. Lethal taunts are allowed, unless the Warden says that they are not. If a RED is trying to kill a BLU with a lethal taunt on purpose, then the RED is rebelling and he is killed on sight. If a BLU runs into a RED's lethal taunt on purpose, then it's the BLU's fault and the RED is not rebelling (unless the Warden said no lethal taunts).
- Respawning during the LR is not allowed. This rule only applies when it is the last remaining RED, or when a RED is about to get his/her LR and BLU is killing rebellers, etc...
- Before the last non rebelling RED has received LR, the RED MUST still comply with wardens orders. Once the RED has received his LR (After the warden has typed !givelr and selected the player) the orders do not apply.
-During Hide & Seek, if a RED is hiding in Tardis (Tardis armoury also) or is stuck in the pit of obby (in the middle of the air also counts), the RED will be slain or can be ghosted (only reason you can ghost) so the BLU's can kill him.
For casuarina map,the room with the toilt that teleports you and the back door in disco also count as off-limit locations
For jailfort map, the control room for blue, if you take the teleport, also count as off-limit locations
For mlcastle map, the control area for blue in mariokart, if you take the teleport, also counts as off-limit locations
- A RED player may NOT abuse Freeday privileges. Excessive abuse/infringements may result in further consequences
Freeday abuse/rebelling constitutes the following actions:
Attempting to, or actively, break into the Armoury through one or more entryways
Getting ammo (from the Armoury or another ammo supply source)
Purposefully Trapping BLU's in an area where they have no possibiliity to get out except for killing the freeday
Rebelling as a Freeday will automatically remove your Freeday statuis, and may potentially be removed by a server administrator if the status has not already been revoked
Purposefully hitting/ swinging at a guard or the Warden
Delaying the round/ LR
Disrupting a minigame that will not immediately kill you (Kitchen, Club Glod, Disco, Jeopardy, etc)
- Custom LR's do have the following limits:
LR cannot break rules: you can't force the warden to say the n-word after every order
You can't limit the amount of blues
You can't force an admin to use an admin command to do your lr; the admin needs to accept it by himself
If you force someone to be warden, and that person leaves, it isn't denying lr (granted they don't rejoin.)
You can't make someone do something absurd after every order, such as make them repeat 10x
A maximum of 3 LR's that can be chosen at the same time (try not over-doing it) : i.e: "melee only and hide and seek," or something along those lines
You can't force mass suicide / the killing of all guards next round
You can't do something absurd in general, like forcing all reds to do every minigame, or making them runaround the map before every order
LR's created for the same round given, have a time-limit of 3 minutes, after that they RED is auto-rebelling
You can't claim next round as a certain day, and not define the day
- Breaking/Hitting/Using the buttons on JB Famous that control vents to armoury are KOS for REDS
- Dock area is auto-KOS, any freedays who go there are Auto-KOS, and any freedays who end the round by the boat are slain next round/slain to prevent them from doing this (Jailfort).
- If you leave the cells via any method before the cells open, you are auto KOS
BLU / GUARDS
- No Freekilling or Freehitting (The killing/hitting of a red without proper reasoning)
- The WARDEN MUST have a mic and has to be using it at all times!
If you are going to join the BLU team, you have to have a mic and you have to use it - does NOT apply to staff members
Staff members can switch you to RED for not having a mic
You cannot give orders through chat!!!
- All BLU's must be actively trying to help the Warden in every way possible
- If the Warden gives no orders before the cell doors open, it is considered a Freeday (players can do whatever they want)
- If no BLU's become the Warden after two or more consecutive days, admins may switch some or all, players of both teams to give others a chance to become BLU/Warden
- You may not camp in armoury or medic for more than 10 seconds if you are NOT doing one of the following:
Being body-blocked by free-days or reds
Participating in ***Hide and Seek or Hunger Games***
- If you are the last BLU, you are allowed to kill all remaining RED's. This does not apply if you are the only blue to spawn, or if you are the warden
Do not camp or delay the game; you must be actively trying to kill all remaining RED's
You cannot retire as the Warden and then proceed to kill everyone
If you the last BLU is delaying, all players may ghost
- You are not allowed to glitch any skin forced upon you by the server
- Team-killing on BLU at anytime is not allowed
- You cannot play the same activity 2 days in a row; this includes Hunger Games and Hide & Seek (even as LR)
- Any type of Friendly Fire (FF) activity can only take place if there has been 3 whole rounds/days in between. This includes Cell Wars, Hunger Games, and any other Friendly Fire activity.
- You should not bait the RED's & applied to the Warden as well;
If a BLU attacks while baiting, it is considered a freekill/freehit, which can reward in a slay
Entering the cell of a RED as a BLU is considered baiting and RED's are allowed to hit you;shooting / killing them is considered freehit / freekill
- When the target of an order asks for a repeat, you must repeat that specific order. HOWEVER, if you are on BLU or are dead, and you attempt to aggravate the warden by pointlessly asking for a repeat, your request can be ignored;
If the warden says "RED's, dead's, and BLU's of mic," a BLU and/or a dead player can ask for a repeat
A BLU cannot ask for a repeat on "All RED's afk freeze in cells"
Repeat orders must follow the previously given command
[VALID] "AFK Freeze hugging and facing back cell wall. [Repeat] Hug and face the back wall of cell and AFK Freeze."
[INVALID] "AFK Freeze hugging and facing back cell wall. [Repeat] AFK Freeze in cell."
- If the Warden tells you to go somewhere, you must go there. Upon arrival, youj must stay there until told otherwise
- After the Warden has died/unwardened/disconnected, a BLU can/must become the Warden within 10 seconds. If no BLU takes over, the Warden position after 10 seconds becomes, it becomes a Freeday for the remainder of the round!
- BLU's cannot accept taunts from AFK Frozen RED's (RPS included) since the RED is not allowed to stop during AFK frozen at any time
- If Simon says, "All RED's will be referred to as ___," they must be referred to as ___ during the order for them to do what Simon says
- You are not allowed to purposely shoot / hit freedays to gain crits
- You need to wait 2 rounds between each Trust Fun or Bad Luck day
Warden is not allowed to stack or line up reds where it would kill large amounts of players (more than 4)
- BLU's are not allowed to suicide during the LR period
- Warden can no longer say "First to jump gets LR" with more than 3 reds alive that qualify for lr
- Only Warden and those given permission by Warden may activate buttons that could affect the gameplay of the RED's
- As a Guard/BLU, you may not destroy any extra entryways into Armory which are typically used for rebelling. Ex. Ceiling hole at the back of armory on, Jeopardy entryway on jb minecraft dayilight
- Patience day (Making RED's sit in one arena of the map AFK frozen, and are not allowed to move)
- Beans (Placing all RED's in one cell and shooting a grenade into the cell; last person gets LR)
- Opposite Day (Opposite Day is where all orders mentioned are reversed- this is likely to cause some confusion, since some orders do not follow a simple yes/no or left/right pattern and could likely result in 'accidental' freehits/freekills)
- Donald Trump day (Making RED's go to a specific area and killing them while they are trying to go to this place)