Topic locked
Strange leveling server upgrade
Moe Offline

Strange leveling server upgrade
Hello, Moe once again Big Grin Im usually idling on your strange leveling server number 1 and it works Big Grin I know a server wich makes idlers spawn with 1hp and was wondering if coding that into your server was possible aswell, to give people X amount more kills. This would also require a new map tho, as the current map automatically damages players over time wich takes alot of the kills anyways. Also a another problem with current leveling server is that if there is a low amount of people killing on 1 (less than 5) the killing wont works because for some reason the idlers spawn/or gets blown out to the side of the map so neither the killers nor the damage from the map kills them. And then no kills really happens until someone notices and kills them to respawn.

I can maybe show you the other server so you can see the benefits of it. I could also contact the owner of the server if he is willing to help set it up (If you are willing aswell)
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013 06:38 AM by Moe.)
12-21-2013 06:35 AM
Find
Damian Castaway Offline

Manager
RE: Strange leveling server upgrade
There is one problem with that. Some people use rocket launchers and rof1,2,3 and the splash damage covers the entire Blu team because they usually giant themselves. If your suggestion were to happen, nobody except soldiers would get any kills. o.o

12-21-2013 06:40 AM
Website Find
Moe Offline

No the respawn rate is litteraly instant. But i guess if there is alot of explosives you can make a bigger spawn area.

there is 4 leveling servers, you should try it on 1 of them if you have time.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013 06:52 AM by Moe.)
12-21-2013 06:51 AM
Find
Damian Castaway Offline

Manager
You won't get any kills with soldier rockets hanging around, it is best if things are left as is.

12-21-2013 06:53 AM
Website Find
Moe Offline

Pretty sure you havent tested it yet.... as i get 70% as many kills on that server with only 2 idlers and no Rof, as i get on this server with rof3
12-21-2013 07:06 AM
Find
Damian Castaway Offline

Manager
Mate, I do not think you are listening, soldier splash damage +instant respawn + 1 hp = No one else gets kills

12-21-2013 07:07 AM
Website Find
Moe Offline

Thats pretty ironic isnt it Tongue? the respawn rate is INSTANT - 3 soldiers on that server could fire on 1 idler and still get kill on each rocket unless the hit on exactly 0.05 or less or something. You havent seen it yet. So you cannnot say it doesnt work.

actually a pyro would be worse than explosives, but if you make a wide spawn area it shouldnt be a problem.

The server is up right now, you can add me if you want and i can show you it.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013 07:12 AM by Moe.)
12-21-2013 07:10 AM
Find
♥Kitten♥ Offline

Members
Its the same problem as the beggars. I don't think there are problems with strange level up- considering you literally do nothing.
-support this idea

12-21-2013 11:10 AM
Website Find
Zero Offline

Director
I don't think you considered the fact that all idle players receive 3 environmental damage per second to so that they aren't kicked for being afk.

Spawning with 1 hp would mean they would die instantly on spawning lol.

And even if it was made to be like 10 or 20, then they are right about the rocket launchers or explosives taking all the kills.

In my eyes, some weapons just take longer and are harder to level than others, even with perks.

I mean look at a strange huntsman and then a strange rocket launcher. The launcher wins hands down. Just put in a little more time, you'll get stamm for being there anyway.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013 02:00 PM by Zero.)
12-21-2013 02:00 PM
Find
weap0nx Away

Members
the current setup is pretty well balanced i think.

you need to change the way you kill Moe. sitting on the back wall and shooting the middle of blue spawn is always going to blast people around the map.

tf2 has a powerful scripting engine. it is very easy to setup alias loops etc to do things other than shooting the same spot for hours.

above and beyond all this though.. you can't expect maximum kills for 100% of the time while you afk on red. it just doesn't happen.
12-21-2013 02:40 PM
Find
Topic locked